So the weekend is nearly upon is again, I am working late in the office again tonight in the race to release something substantial by the end of February. However, its looking likely that nothing will be released until early March. In the meantime I wanted to keep in touch with users as to what’s going on exactly, so here I present some screenshots for your entertainment!
The latest version of Jack is now available it fixes numerous issues for AmigaOS and even more for the other operating systems in which it supports.
Classic (now available with or without FPU) – http://aminet.net/search?query=jack
MorphOS Beta – http://www.lakemarketingandevents.co.uk/jack/Jack_MorphOS.zip (Debug mode enabled – I need someone to test it!)
WarpOS – http://aminet.net/search?query=jack
CHANGES SINCE 3.2.4
- AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5’s introduction of asynchronously loading the TCP/IP at Workbench startup exposed a new bug in Jack. The DELAY tooltype was previously being ignored, this has now been fixed. If you still see an error message if starting Jack this way simply increase the value of the DELAY tooltype. Value is no. of seconds.
- Python ITC Extractor has been updated to version 0.3.2 which adds support for Apple’s use of ARGB images in album cover artwork. Thanks to Simon Kennedy. www.sffjunkie.co.uk/python-itc.html
- Moved php scripts to another server, older versions of Jack will continue to run for a limited time only.
This update brings everyone up to the same base-line so more fixes/enhancements apply to other releases in addition to the above list.
Jack 3.2.4 is now available over on OS4Depot.
As this is a small update, versions for other operating systems are not yet available.
CHANGES SINCE 3.2.3
- Local playback functionality (of an iTunes Library) in JackTunes is now working, however, there are a still a number of known bugs and features yet to be implemented. Please feel free to have a play around.
- Improved AmigaOS Version detection (Community Stats/Get Info)
- AmigaOne 500 is now identified under CPU detection (Community Stats/Get Info)
- Improved identication of SAM 440 EP and Pegasos
- Colour Commodity changes caused Jack problems with running from the command line, now fixed.
- JackTunes: Notification messages are now sent to Ringhio as a new song starts – but only when music interface is closed.
- JackTunes: Returning into the interface will always show the correct Artist and Title for the currently selected track.
- JackTunes: Configuration window will now dismiss on selecting Later/Cancel.
- JackTunes: Mini Window now includes Title and Artist text.
- AppStore: Small advert area with links to my company Lake Marketing and Events ( www.lakemarketingandevents.co.uk )
It’s been a little while since Jack had a major update, this is a quick blog post confirming my long-term commit to it’s future development. Since the last major version I have been working whenever I can (between supporting a new business venture and a love-interest <3) which unfortunately isn’t as much as previously.
So what has happened since then and now?
I completed JackCharts (other OS versions are awaiting a minor Hollywood 5 update, cmon Andreas!) ( http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=audio/play/jackcharts.lha ).
Work is continuing on Jack’s internal music player, I finally added support for local iTunes playback today, other bits and bobs including auto-play between tracks (one ends another starts), Ringhio notifications when the music interface for when the music player is in a closed state. I want to eventually have the music player handle iTunes purchased music videos – I am assuming at this stage Apple removed the DRM-measures as it did with plain audio back-in-the-day.
Just a few more bugs and features to implement in the music player and then I can set it out in the wild – in the meantime have fun with Jack – I know I am it saves me so much AmigaOS heartache!
Did you know?
1. Type ‘f’ to open two Filer windows side-by-side
2. Type ‘TAB’ and enter a URL
3. You can drag video, images and other media to the top-left of Jack to have it play/show.
I am pleased to announce the release of version 3.2.1 of Jack for AmigaOS and Amiga-like operating system.
Please visit OS4Depot, Aminet, AROS Archives or MorphOS Files and check it out today.
The most significant change in this version is the introduction of asynchronous downloads in the App-Store.. asynchronous what? This means you can now download more than one item at once or continue to use as normal without ‘blocking’ the interface.
This new version of Jack also sports an arexx port with (initially) a small selection of Arexx commands on offer.
See the changelog.
Thanks for your continued support, I hope you enjoy this latest release.
Jack 3.1 is now available on OS4Depot.
In the distribution you will find versions available for OS3/4, MorphOS and AROS.
SO WHAT’S NEW?
- Comprehensive Download Manager in the App-Store
- Added suport for AROS, Classic and MorphOS computers in the Community Statistics panel and elsewhere
- Improved general caching within the AppStore and increased archive name recognition database
- Platform-independency and removal of all (most) third-party tools and applications including Curl/Wget
- From now on all URLs are called via the OpenURL suite
- Watermarks fixed in single-image mode
- All fonts are now anti-aliased
- Many more numerous bug fixes and optimisations
- For full list of changes and bug fixes, read the .readme or the documentation included
Both the MorphOS and OS3 are untested and require through testing by myself, and the Amiga community.
Please join the new Jack Beta Mailing ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) – ensure you include the word ‘subscribe’ (without-quotes) in the subject of your email.
Thank you, I hope you continue to enjoy Jack for… everyone!