The latest version of Jack is now available it fixes numerous issues for AmigaOS and even more for the other operating systems in which it supports.
Classic (now available with or without FPU) – http://aminet.net/search?query=jack
MorphOS Beta – http://www.lakemarketingandevents.co.uk/jack/Jack_MorphOS.zip (Debug mode enabled – I need someone to test it!)
WarpOS – http://aminet.net/search?query=jack
CHANGES SINCE 3.2.4
- AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5’s introduction of asynchronously loading the TCP/IP at Workbench startup exposed a new bug in Jack. The DELAY tooltype was previously being ignored, this has now been fixed. If you still see an error message if starting Jack this way simply increase the value of the DELAY tooltype. Value is no. of seconds.
- Python ITC Extractor has been updated to version 0.3.2 which adds support for Apple’s use of ARGB images in album cover artwork. Thanks to Simon Kennedy. www.sffjunkie.co.uk/python-itc.html
- Moved php scripts to another server, older versions of Jack will continue to run for a limited time only.
This update brings everyone up to the same base-line so more fixes/enhancements apply to other releases in addition to the above list.
Jack 3.1 is now available on OS4Depot.
In the distribution you will find versions available for OS3/4, MorphOS and AROS.
SO WHAT’S NEW?
- Comprehensive Download Manager in the App-Store
- Added suport for AROS, Classic and MorphOS computers in the Community Statistics panel and elsewhere
- Improved general caching within the AppStore and increased archive name recognition database
- Platform-independency and removal of all (most) third-party tools and applications including Curl/Wget
- From now on all URLs are called via the OpenURL suite
- Watermarks fixed in single-image mode
- All fonts are now anti-aliased
- Many more numerous bug fixes and optimisations
- For full list of changes and bug fixes, read the .readme or the documentation included
Both the MorphOS and OS3 are untested and require through testing by myself, and the Amiga community.
Please join the new Jack Beta Mailing ( email@example.com ) – ensure you include the word ‘subscribe’ (without-quotes) in the subject of your email.
Thank you, I hope you continue to enjoy Jack for… everyone!
Just a short announcement, the AROS port of Jack is now complete. Jack for AROS will be made available once the Download Manager in Jack has been completed.
Quick weekend update, made a start on porting Jack for another OS. What’s this Icaros Desktop no less?
Not sure why the window transparency is not in effect, Hollywood or AROS limitation perhaps? Also the mouse pointer is all skewed and non-recognisable. Still, nice start. Configured a few helper applications along the way, foreinstance ArosPDF is called instead of AmiPDF, MultiView instead of NotePad, FinderV3 instead of AmigaOS4-centric Find and a few more fixes to get this working in a new environment. Still a little way to go to get everything working correctly, the hardest part was getting TO the interface. Enjoy!
Wanna help speed up the porting effort?
Join the Jack Beta Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to insert subscribe in the Subject. Thanks I look forward to hearing from you.